Friday, April 4, 2008

The Big Day Has Finally Arrived!

I have wanted to live my creative dream forever, but as many people have experienced that dream was pushed away by demands of everyday life, like earning a living. I let my dreams almost die because of worrying how to pay the electric bill each month. Well- not now. I realize that after putting these dreams off till later my whole life, later was never gonna come! I arrive at middle age seeing that I only have so much time left, and if I don't do this stuff now it will never happen!
Soooo, this week, for the first time in my life, I have been told that the job I HATE no longer welcomes my presence thank you very much, and I will consider this to be my soul-saving blessing in disguise. With what money I have left from ex-job, I have just now mailed away for a huge box of amazing supplies from Dharma, and having NO income at this point I will start my adventure. Very Scary!
Right now all the negative thoughts are swirling in my head- "what are you thinking? you will be homeless! You are no artist! Get a job!
I have been fairly successful for one week now shooting these down with positive thoughts- a very new process to me. If others can do this, then so can I! I am so grateful to the people who have blogged similar situations lately- You all have no idea how much your words mean to me.
Online order was this AM, which is Friday, so now I have to wait until Monday for UPS guy to bring me my future. Come on, UPS!
Thanks for letting me ramble- until next post- praying and crossed fingers- Maureen

1 comment:

whisperingangel said...

Hi, Thanks for a comment.
Not too many on my blog for sure.
So, you have retired to create!!
It is pretty hard making it as an artist. But you are right about
doing something in your life you
want to that is a driven urge for you to do. I HAVE to create. I gave up a huge salary to create, but I worked for my husband and that was not working out anyhow, so now, he makes the money and I create. There are trade offs. Just start making art as much as you can, and enter some craft fairs and shows that do not cost too much. And check out galleries too. Sometimes you can work in a gallery and get paid.
Good luck for sure. Ill stop by again.