Friday, April 18, 2008

Play Day


I have declared today a play day. Was feeling pretty stressed, so I decided that even tho I have no cashola, I would go to the local super pricey store and buy art supplies to pick up my spirits. The pretty and sunny day helped too. I BOUGHT CRAYONS! And I mean the big box, people. 96 gorgeous colors to play with. And, 4 pink colors of paint to play with also. I always buy all the pretty blue and green colors, but I had almost no red or pink. Since I decided to practice painting faces again I will need them.
I am having swirling thoughtitis- so many projects I want to do... Painting, collage, sewing, quilting, journal, writing, blah blah blah yatta yatta. So I guess my main goal for this weekend is to make goals. First is going to have to be to make some money, but I also have to get to these other things also. I'm making a list of the projects in my head so that I will not stress so much- just work down the list and add more as I go along! It really does help to dump them on paper and move on.
Well, to follow up on previous posts, this is the big quilt show weekend. I never got the fabric done to sell there, and they never sent me the ap to sell there, so that was a big wash. Dying fabric is on the project list though, and I will sell it online while looking for other quilt shows once it is ready. I'm also going to make pretty stuff to sell with my hand dyed fabric, probably on Etsy. Watch for my store opening in the next couple of weeks...
Once I gave myself permission to do this stuff my head is exploding with ideas- The only difference between a working artist and a starving artist is marketing skills. There are so many great resources on the net to help, inspiring people to uplift you and keep you going, and very good examples of successful artists to follow, I can't remember why I didn't do this before.

No comments: