Saturday, May 10, 2008

So I am painting like a fiend, I don't even know where these paintings are coming from, they are just pouring out and it doesn't even feel like me doing it. When I stop and take a step back for a second, I can't believe I just painted that! Such a strange feeling... Anyway, I collaged this one part of a painting, and I didn't like it, so I painted over it, but it still had a harsh paper edge showing through so I decided that I would just get out my x-acto knife and cut off the offending paper so I can finish this painting... I bet you can guess where this is going next- yep, I cut the CANVAS! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Oy. Now I have to figure out how to patch it so it doesn't show, and this is the best painting I have ever done. whaaaahhhh..... ( no pictures of this, I just can't stand to.) Now I am whining about it here and searching the net for patch ideas- I was gonna try wood next for painting on, I think that is a very good idea. I am having chai spice black tea and skinny salty pretzel sticks to make me feel better...

1 comment:

Wyanne Thompson said...

Hi Maureen: thanks for commenting again on my blog...so sorry about your canvas slice! This has happened to me, and sometimes these two ideas can work (don't know how bad the slice is though):

1) Try Golden Gel - dabbing it onto the slice in both front and behind to give some reinforcement.

2) Try sewing it with very thin white thread and make it part of the painting.

Just some ideas.

Love,
Wyanne